UPDATE (7/1/2016): The postdoctoral position has been filled.
We are currently seeking talented and motivated postdoctoral candidates to join our group at the University of Maryland. Our laboratory offers state-of-the-art research facilities, including multiple ultrafast laser and amplifier systems, access to nanofabrication facilities through the Maryland Nanocenter, optical waveguide measurement, and terahertz spectroscopy. The successful applicant will participate in existing ongoing projects in the group, work directly with graduate students, and contribute to advancing our research program by investigating novel concepts and devices and proposing new ideas.
Essential skills and experience sought:
- PhD awarded (or expected) in Applied Physics, Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Excellent communication skills (in writing and speaking)
- Hands-on experience conducting optical device measurements, including integrated photonic systems and optoelectronics
- Familiarity with laser systems, including ultrafast pulsed laser technologies and measurement techniques
- Understanding of high-frequency (microwave) electrical measurements
- Experience with electrooptic and nonlinear optical devices and measurements
Desirable skills include:
- Basic cleanroom fabrication expertise
- Nanofabrication and nanocharacterization experience (electron-beam lithography, electron microscopy, focused-ion-beam)
- Numerical simulation of electromagnetic systems (RF, THz and optical)
The University of Maryland, located in the Washington DC Metropolitan area is not only a great place to live, but our proximity to many nearby collaborators, universities, government laboratories, and sponsors makes it an ideal place for a young scientist to launch a career. The University also offers good benefits and competitive salary.
Starting date: (Negotiable), ideally June 1, 2016
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, along with the names and contact information of three potential references.